Apply for Oklahoma Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment Insurance (UI) helps workers who have lost their job and meet the program's eligbility requirements by providing temporary supplemental income. If you have become unemployed or partially employed you may file for benefits.
Select "Sign In" to access your existing account and claim information or "Create an Account" to create a new account and file a new claim.
Types of Unemployment Benefits
Oklahoma offers two types of unemployment benefit insurance for citizens.
Traditional Unemployment Compensation (UC)
Standard unemployment compensation for those individuals who have experienced a loss of work due to no fault of their own when suitable work is not available.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
The federal government has temporarily expanded unemployment insurance eligibility to self-employed workers, freelancers, and independent contractors. If you are not traditionally eligible for UC, you may be eligible to receive PUA. Note that you must apply for traditional unemployment compensation benefits first before you can apply for PUA.
Anyone who is unemployed may file a claim for unemployment. To qualify you must:
- be unemployed through no fault of your own
- be able to work
- be available to work and registered on OKJobMatch.com
- have earned a minimum of $1,500 during your base period
Through the CARES Act, the federal government has extended unemployment benefits to those would would not traditionally qualify, including self-employed workers, freelancers or independent contractors, through the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program.
Apply online through our digital services portal. All Oklahomans must first apply for Traditional Unemployment Compensation (UC) even if you do not think you qualify. If your application for Traditional Unemployment Compensation is denied, you can then apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
- Create an account on ui.ok.gov. Be sure to complete the process to connect your social security number to your account.
- Login to your account and follow the link to start a Traditional Unemployment Compensation application.
- Once you have completed your application, you will recieve a follow up email letting you know if your application is approved or denied.
- If your application is denied, log back into your account at ui.ok.gov and start an application for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
- Once you have completed your application, you will receive a follow up email letting you now if your application is approved or denied.
- If your application for either Traditional Unemployment Compensation or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance is approved, you will need to log into your ui.ok.gov account each week to file a weekly claim.
Once your application is approved, you will need to file weekly claims in order to receive your benefits. Login to your account at ui.ok.gov and select the appropriate benefit type (Traditional Unemployment Claim or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance) to file your weekly claims.
Your benefits will paid to you on an Unemployment Insurance debit card. The card will be issued to you at the time your first eligible week processes. Because of the continuing COVID-19 situation and delays with the mail, it may take 16 - 18 days before you receive your debit card. Do not throw the debit card away. You may receive your payments via the prepaid debit card or you may directly transfer the payments from the prepaid debit card into your own U.S. banking account, for no fee. For more information on your debit card visit www.goprogram.com.